We exist to make disciples. By making Jesus known.
And while this mission is very simple, it can manifest itself in a million different ways. So, in order to accomplish our mission, there are three things that must be in place:
The church needs a clear vision as to what making disciples looks like for us here and now. The church also needs men and women who are willing to take ownership of that vision and willing to lead in that vision. Finally, the church needs resources to make that vision a reality. A vision that is never resourced is only a dream.
The mission of the church hasn’t changed in 2000 years. We are still called to make disciples by making Jesus known. It’s that simple.
Yet, understanding the mission is only part of the process. How is this mission going to be carried out? In other words, what will it look like, who’s involved, and how will we execute it?
So, what is the vision for making disciples through the ministry of Springhill?
That’s where Envision comes in. Envision presents a vision for what making disciples will look like at Springhill. Envision is a plan for leaders to engage in that mission. Envision is designed to ensure the plan is resourced. Envision connects the budget to mission values rather than merely buildings and projects through these five simple categories:
- Envision greater ministry impact by continuing current ministry only with more intentionality, strategy, and efficiency.
- Envision greater financial freedom through debt reduction.
- Envision greater campus environments for gospel engagement with children, youth, and adults.
- Envision greater faith development by helping people take the “next step” through conferencing, strategic training, and community engagement.
- Envision greater missions commitment locally, nationally, and globally
You Can Download the Envision Booklet Here.